Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ben's thoughts on Yellowstone


Once upon a time there was a boy named Ben. He went to Montana, and on his way there he saw 500 buffalo, 5 elk, a yellow bellied marmot, a big raven, a big huge bear box to keep our food in that had been bear-ified. We were having a nice picnic off a wilderness road and a weirdo lady came and said, "Excuse me, but I need you to pack up and leave because you're in a bear management area." But this is the only place we could find that didn't have people in it! Where we saw the yellow bellied marmot, we were climbing a cliff. Sam made me be really, really careful about the critter that was about 15 feet away from me, because they tend to bite. We went down to our stream and stuck our chairs in the creek. Sam said if I did a bellyflop off the big log going across the stream he'd give me five dollars. He had Charlie do one, and he did it on three trys, but he did a disability one because of his broken arm. Then Sam did one. We got it on tape. I have a big buffalo herd, a big whooping three. They're stuffed. Their names are Charger, Buffalo Bill and Big Bob. Sam took us to a hotel by where he lives that has a waterslide. I wanted to do a 100 slides, but mom only let me do 40. (Mom typed this for me while I dictated.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your tape. Is it worthy of youtube? ;-)